Saturday, March 6, 2010

Littles Art

Art therapy is an important part of the healing process with DID, it allows parts to express and explore how they feel as well as being a calming exercise during hard times.

Since this has been a particualarly hard week, I have encouraged my alts to do some art. The little ones recently saw a documentary on mosaic art and have been fasinated with it especially after the 12yo said "its just like us, lots of little pieces put together to make a beautiful whole picture." So I gave them lots of different coloured paper and some glue and left them to it. A few of them have agreed to share their art with you.
 

 
Natalie (4yo)

Kylie (6yo)

 
Elsie (age unknown)


I apologise for the quality of the photos, I need a new camera but I doubt I will be getting one anytime soon. I hope you enjoyed their art.


1 comments:

Sunshine and Shadows said...

I love what your 12 year old said about the art. Maybe that is why I am so fascinated by mosaics. Thanks for sharing with us.

Post a Comment