Friday, March 16, 2012

Random Picture

I found this piece of art on Deviant Art (a site I love completely and recommend to anyone), and it really struck a cord. It was made around the time of the Japanese Tsunami where so many people lost their lives, but it just hit  home on a completely different aspect and I wanted to share it with you.

A Fox for Japan by SilentReaper

In the comments section the artist wrote:

"Bad times pass slowly,
Good times pass quickly
But time itself passes,
Regardless of who or where you are"

It reminded me of the need to cover up our hurt and to find quick fixes when there usually isnt any. There are times when I wish I could put a bandaid on my past and let it fix itself but that isnt an option - at least not a healthy one. It also isnt something a bandaid can completely cover. This picture made me want to cry and made me happy at the same time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: 16/3/12
I wrote this quite late last night and I dont think I expressed how this art work made me feel very well. While this picture made me want to cry (something I still struggle with doing) but in a good way, a kind of release. It made me reflect on my own progress and helped me to look inside - something I am struggling to do at the moment. 

The comment the artist made also made just as big an impact as the art its self. It really showed me that I am not so alone - even in those moments I feel trapped in my past. 



2 comments:

castorgirl said...

The picture, words, and meaning are incredibly evocative. For me, a bandaid represents an attempt to help. It's a powerful symbol of intent...

Take care,
CG

Telstaar said...

I think your interpretation is fantastic :) It's definitely an interesting picture.

(Just sent you an email).

THinking of you
Telly

Post a Comment