Friday, June 18, 2010

Rascal is at the Vet

When I woke up this morning Rascal was not himself - he was quiet and huddling in a corner. Then I found blood in his stool. I took him to the vet who thought it might be Rat poison but I dont keep it - but he has got out once or twice.

The vet just called me and said the blood tests came back and its not rat poison but he isnt sure what it is. He is treating rascal for a number of possibilities including worms. I dont know. I am worried about him. I know it wasnt convient how I got him but I do care for him. I hope he is ok.

Natalie is particularly upset. She was very attached to Rascal - all the alts are upset/worried to different levels but Natalie has been effected the most. I dont know if she will handle it if he doesnt make it.

For now we its just waiting to see if he survives the night.

3 comments:

The Weird Ones said...

That's usually a sign that he's eaten something he shouldn't have, that's giving him a hard time digesting it such as grass, a poisonous plant, a poisoned mouse, or something like that. It isn't likely to be fatal. It might be worms or an inflammatory disease of the bowel, both of which are treatable.

I would say he's quiet because he's feeling pretty ill and his tummy is playing up. Do you know if he's thrown up at all?

Hope I helped. Good luck and stay safe. You're in our thoughts


Kyle

Sunshine and Shadows said...

I hope he will be okay.

Andréa said...

I've been thinking about you guys. How is Rascal doing?

Post a Comment